We've talked with Edmonton's music collecting community about the necessity of an event like the Edmonton Music Collectors Show. EMCS is the only trade show in Northern Alberta fully dedicated to passionate music collectors and focused solely on vinyl and other music-related collectibles.
Our goal was to organize an event that is accessible for all interested vendors and collectors. This translates to affordable table rental rates for vendors, affordable admission rates for collectors, as well as great organization, promotion and advertising for the event.
Past shows have demonstrated a high level of demand, with consistent vendor sell-outs and healthy crowds. We usually average between 400-600 patrons at our shows, with 150-200 patrons during Collectors Hour.
In order to ensure that our event maintains the highest calibre vendors with the best quality merchandise, it is necessary for us to pre-screen all first-time vendors. If you have never participated as a vendor in our show before and/or you have not already been approved as a vendor, please submit a vendor application form to start the application process. We may want to contact you by phone or e-mail if we have follow-up questions. Please note that we reserve the right to approve or deny vendor applications at our discretion, and that approval of your application does not guarantee availability of your desired table space.
Vendor Accounts & Online Payments
Please note that we have fully transitioned to an automated online table booking system through our website. All existing approved vendors should already have login credentials for our website. All vendors are encouraged to use their accounts to book their tables online through our website. Vendors making online table bookings have the option to pay online immediately, or follow up with payment by cash or cheque within 10 days of booking their tables. Online payments will be securely processed via PayPal with an existing PayPal account, or a major credit card if you do not have a PayPal account.
Only approved vendors with valid login credentials for our website will have access to online table booking. If you are an approved vendor and you do not have your login credentials, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.
If you are a first-time vendor who has never booked a table before and/or you have not already been approved as a vendor, please apply to become an approved vendor using our vendor application form.
Table space for the Fall 2017 show on October 1 is SOLD OUT. Please contact email@example.com to be put on the waiting list in the event that a table opens up due to cancellation.
Table rental fees are as follows:
$53 per 2.5 x 6 ft (30" x 72") table
$70 per 2.5 x 8 ft (30" x 96") table
Vendors are permitted to rent multiple adjoining tables if required, to a maximum of 24 table feet in total (THREE 8-foot tables or FOUR 6-foot tables).
Please note that table space is first-come, first-served and usually sells out well in advance, so if you are interested in booking table space, please do not delay. Approval of your vendor application, informal indication to show organizers of your intention to book tables, and/or your status as a regular vendor at past shows DOES NOT GUARANTEE your desired table space. WE DO NOT HOLD TABLE SPACE except for vendors who have indicated their intention to submit payment via cash or cheque with their official online bookings. In those cases, we will hold tables for a 10-day window to receive payment. If we have not received payment after 10 days, we reserve the right to cancel your order and release table space for other bookings. The confirmation of payment you receive via e-mail will serve as your official receipt. We no longer issue paper receipts for payment on the day of the show.
Table placement within the venue is at the discretion of show organizers based on the space requirements of all vendors. Requests for specific table placement with your booking do not guarantee that you will receive your desired table placement. You will receive your table assignment during setup check-in.
There is a waiting list for interested vendors after table space sells out. In the event of a cancellation, we will offer available space to vendors on the waiting list on a first come, first served basis.
Cancellation deadline is September 17, 2017 -- 14 DAYS BEFORE THE DAY OF THE SHOW. Vendors who cancel after this date or vendors who are no-shows on the day of the event will forfeit all payment submitted. Cancellation prior to this date will result in the cancelling vendor's choice of a full refund or credit for table rentals at a future show.
Additional questions or inquiries about table bookings can be directed to George Gawlak by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 780-423-0120.
- Setup will run from 8:00 am to 10:00 am on the day of the show. All vendors must be present and checked in by no later than 9:30 am, and have their tables set up and ready for sales when doors open at 10:00 am. Any vendors who are not checked in and ready for sales by the time doors open run the risk of forfeiting their table and their table rental fee.
- Dolleys and/or handtrucks will not be provided. Please bring your own if you need one.
- We ask that vendors park in the side lot on the west side of the venue if possible to leave stalls in the main lot available for patrons.
- Early strike downs and exits are not permitted. Vendors must operate their tables for the duration of the show: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Each vendor is allowed one helper. Vendor ID badges will be provided on site.
- Vendors should bring their own bags for sold items.
- Space under the tables is for storage only and not merchandise for sale. This is to prevent impeding the flow of foot traffic, or damaging your merchandise.
- Vendors are not permitted to sell unauthorized materials such as bootlegs, home-duplicated CDs/DVDs, etc. Any vendor in violation of this policy will be immediately ejected from the show and will forfeit their table rental fee.
- We ask that vendors adopt a courteous attitude toward one another during setup and show operations, so that everything runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible and everyone has a great experience.